AWI operates an extensive
program for rehoming small to medium sized dogs and domestic cats via volunteer "in home" foster caring. Foster
caring is a rewarding pastime that is inexpensive and gives animals who have sometimes been mistreated a second chance
in life and what we call their new "forever home".
- AWI provides all of the food, vet care, bowls, leads, beds etc. necessary, to the Carer, pending placement of the
animal to their forever home.
- All animals are advertised for rehoming at our web site (Animals Page when completed),
or the "Pet
Rescue" web site (www.petrescue.com.au/groups/10025).
- All dogs and cats are sold desexed and microchipped and vet checked.
- Carers are asked to take their animals to the Associations vet when veterinary treatment is required.
- AWI has a "no
kill" policy in relation to animals received and will ensure any animal placed into their
care is treated humanely irrespective of the cost.
- Anyone wishing to volunteer must have a secure fence and a
genuine love for animals.
- The Animal Coordinator will visit each property to ensure the premises are suitable
and to meet the prospective Carers and explain the details of the program.
- Anyone who receives an animal which
is later found to be unsuitable only has to contact the Animal Coordinator who will ensure the animal is removed
at the earliest opportunity.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting and rewarding program, please contact the Animal Coordinator
on telephone 0455 778 166.