AWI have teamed up with an excellent local vet to
offer a subsidised service for de-sexing animals for local residents.
The following information is required for the de-sexing:
- The age of the animal (to nearest month for animals younger than 2 years, and the nearest year for older animals).
- The breed of the animal (or as close as possible to a known breed for cross bred animals).
- For female animals, whether the animal has already had a litter.
- The weight of the animal to the nearest kilogram.
- Proof that the owner's premises is in the local area of the AWI shops.
Once you have this information, follow the steps below:
- Call in to the AWI Caboolture Op shop and complete the paperwork, and pay for the
de-sexing service. You will then be given information on how to make an appointment with our local
vet to perform the service.
- Take your pet to the veterinary surgery at the appointment time for de-sexing.
- You cannot make an appointment until all required information has been given, and the fee has been paid.
- If your animal has had previous health issues, contact the vet before the appointment to see whether it will affect
the de-sexing procedure.
AWI use and recommend the following veterinary surgery: