AWI gratefully accepts donations of items suitable for sale in our Bribie
Island and Caboolture Op
Shops, or, for use in the foster
care program such as clothing and bric a brac, donations of animal food and animal accessories such as beds, coats,
Animal lovers can bequeath funds in their Wills, and any money so received is used to continue the animal care programs.
Anybody wishing to bequeath any money or things should contact the Secretary on (07) 5498 9334.
Donations of clothing and bric a brac and sealed bags / tins of animal food suitable for
use / resale may be left at our Opportunity Shops at:
Island: Shop 1 / 60 Hornsby St, Bongaree (near the Bribie Island Woolworths complex).
Shop 7 / 3 King Street, Caboolture (diagonally opposite the Caboolture Railway Station).
Animal Food Donation bins are located at the following locations where we seek donations of sealed bags or cans of
dog or cat food. Food received is used in the foster care program for rehoming animals.
||Central Lakes, Caboolture
||Caboolture South (Morayfield)
Common Donated Items Include:
- Clothes: All styles of clothes including women's, men's, children's and baby sizes.
- Clothing Accessories: Shoes, belts, handbags, etc.
- Jewellery: Necklaces, rings, earrings, broaches, etc. When donating valuable items please attach a note,
as it is often difficult to distinguish between real and costume jewelelry.
- Books: Fiction and non fiction. Due to size requirements we are often unable to accept large sets of encyclopedia
etc. If you are unsure, please give one of our friendly staff a call.
- Toys: All types including, lego, stuffed animals, dolls, board games, jigsaw puzzles. If you are donating
battery powered toys please remove the batteries first :-).
- Kitchen goods: Cooking utensils, glasses, complete dinnerware sets, and whitegoods such as food mixers, processors,
- Media: Movies, Documentaries, Music, Audio Books, Computer Software, Computer and Console Games, etc.
- Electrical goods: We are only able to sell electrical appliances which are in fully working condition. As
the cost of having electrical goods tested can be more than we can sell the item for.
- Electronics: Gaming consoles, computer accessories, laptop's, tablets, and games.
- Tools: Small hand tools and power tools which are in full working condition.
- We may be able to arrange the collection of items within the local area of our shops.
- Due to our limited shop space, we are unable to accept larger household items such as cupboards, tables, beds, fridges,
- We are able to repair some minor faults, such as missing buttons, small stitching repairs, etc. If there is a known
fault with an item, please attach a note, so we can make sure the fault is repaired before we present it for sale.